- The average cost of a cup of coffee in the U.S. fluctuates between $1.50 for regular coffee and $2.45 for espresso.
- The average American drinks 3 cups of coffee a day.
- A pound of ground coffee (16 oz.) produces ~ 40 cups of brewed coffee.
- Every pound of coffee in US coffee shops generates approximately $90.00.
- Most female coffee drinkers, drink coffee to relax.
- Most male coffee drinkers, drink coffee to have more "energy."
- More than half of all Americans drink coffee every day.
- Over 31 Million American drink "specialty coffees" which means "fair trade" "shade grown" "bird friendly" "organic" or any combination of these!
- The USA is the largest coffee consumer in the world.
- Coffee is produced within the United States of America ONLY on Hawaii and in Puerto Rico (a Commonwealth of the US).
- Approximately 8,000 acres of coffee are planted in Hawaii.
- Approximately 80,000 acres are planted in Puerto Rico.
Do you know more coffee facts? Let us know and we will post them here!
CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO GOOD DOG COFFEE MICRO-ROASTERS